Illinois Long Term Care Insurance
As life spans lengthen and many people wind up needing help with the tasks of daily life, it’s more important than ever to set aside financial resources that can be drawn upon during your later years. Securing Illinois Long Term Care Insurance is the best way to do just that.
The Realities of Illinois Long Term Care Insurance
- New England Journal of Medicine recently reported that about 49% of people 65 and older will eventually need Long Term Care and Illinois Long Term Care Insurance will give you the insurance coverage your looking for.
- The Wall Street Journal states that nearly 50% of seniors 85 and older have Alzheimer’s or some other form of dementia, the number one reason for needing Long Term Care. WSJ also reports that even children are buying long term care insurance for their parents.
- Harvard Magazine says that as men are living an average of 80.9 years and women are living an average of 84.5 years, modern medicine is creating a much higher chance that a person will need Long Term Care.
Who Pays For Illinois Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance?
Many people are under the impression that Medicare, Medicaid or their health insurance will pay their Long Term Care costs.
- Medicare has eligibility requirements for skilled nursing care only and is for a limited time period.
- Medicaid is a welfare program. It will NOT cover long term health care costs for the average American.
- Health insurance and medicare supplements DO NOT cover nursing home care.
- Individuals and families through their savings, assets, and cash pay most of the Long Term Care costs.
Can you afford to be without Long Term Care Insurance in Illinois?
The decision to purchase Long Term Care Insurance is a decision that requires the expertise of a licensed professional. At Health Insurance Services, Inc. we have over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry and we want to be there for you to guide you through this important decision. Please contact us so we can talk with you in detail and help you determine if Long Term Care Insurance is the right decision for you and your family.